Monday, February 11, 2013

Til Kingdom Come


As some of you know, I was married this last summer. It has been a little over 6 months now, and after looking over some of the photos today, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites with you! I figure it's an appropriate topic with Valentines day coming up. 

I'll start off with the decorations. We were being married on a farm near the woods, so we chose to go with a woodland theme. Our colors were mint green and coral (if you can't tell I kind of have a thing for those colors hehe). On the tables we set begonias as the center pieces, dappling about little white woodland ceramic animals, and succulents. One of my favorite details was that we planted each succulent in colored depression glasses. I have always been attracted to colored glass, something about it is so beautiful, especially how light reflects off it and through it. They are not pictured here, but I also hand cut out framed animal silhouette and hung those in the trees that framed our ceremony.

Here is our awesome cake topper, I was so excited when I found this little beauty!

Before I go any further, I would like to thank my photographer and friend Jenny Fisk! She captured one of the most important days of my life in the best of ways! Her works are the photos with the watermarks on them. 


Time to talk about the dress! This was such an amazing find. I am very particular when it comes to style and clothing, and while I had a very small budget for my wedding I really didn't want to compromise on what I was looking for in a dress. After months of searching with no luck (at least nothing at all close to my price range) I was beginning to get quite discouraged. Anything that I could afford seemed to be a cookie cutter dress that was cheaply put together. It was a magical moment when I stumbled upon this beauty. That day I had accidentally missed my bus, and just happened to be near my favorite vintage shop, so I figured I'd drop by to fill my time waiting for the next bus. The lovely lace overlay, soft and elegant waist, and vintage feel was the exact look I wanted. And to top it off it was just a little under 50 dollars! It also came with this exquisite cover top, again a bit of lace overlay filled with detail. I was a little hesitant to wear that piece of the ensemble, it had a lot of character, but as the evening got a bit cooler I decided to go with it and I am glad I did.


 

I made just one small alteration to the dress myself, adding the scalloped lace on the top lining. I never like to wear strapless dresses alone, so I went ahead and shopped around and ended up finding a lovely scarf at Old Navy of all places.

I also incorporated roses into much of my attire and the ceremony decor. It started with the ring John had made for me. A white gold rose with a single diamond in the middle. The rose is the promise we have to one another, and represents the joy and life that we share together. Something about its symbolism is almost supernatural to me.






That day was beautiful. There were so many moments then that I will cherish forever. My most favorite was when John read aloud his vows to me. There was an intense sincerity and earnestness in his voice that I had never heard from him before that moment. And the humor he added throughout his vows was hilarious, I could not stop laughing, it was so him.


No comments:

Post a Comment