Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mint Sorbet Delight

A few days ago I was vintage and antique shopping when I happened upon this little beauty. The mint green color was irresistible, the price even more so! You wouldn't believe it but I found this for only a dollar! Even though this style of outfit could be mistaken for a bit "gaudy" I think it is just lovely. I do intend to make a few alterations, though, so that it is comfortable for every day wear rather than just special occasions (of course my definition of everyday wear is a bit more flamboyant than most).
 


Whoops! I forgot to take off my trusty hairband from my wrist, hehe.


Here are the alterations I plan to do to the dress. I would like to shorten the dress to about calf length, and then bring in the collar a bit, what do you think? I am still pretty new to sewing, so hopefully this won't give me too much trouble. 
Nothing like champagne sequin pumps to compliment a flowy mint green dress!
Also added a bit of flair with these lace like coral rose earrings  Coral and mint green have really been in fashion the past year, and I have absolutely love it, being that they are both favorites of mine!


Dress: The Urban Eccentric
Earrings: Sparrows Nest Designs
Shoes: Target

Until next time

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment